Sorry, abstract submission has now closed.
NO ABSTRACT LIST FOR THIS MOMENT
Abstract submission instructions
Abstracts must be submitted in English via our website. Abstracts submitted by email, fax, or mail will NOT be accepted or acknowledged.
By submitting an abstract, the authors confirm that, if accepted, they will prepare an e-poster for presentation during the ISICEM. Presenters of accepted abstracts must pre-register for ISICEM or the e-poster will not be displayed.
By submitting an abstract, the authors agree that it will be published in the journal Critical Care if accepted. It is the authors' responsibility to submit abstracts with no errors in spelling or grammar. Abstracts will not be corrected prior to publication.
Abstracts will be checked for plagiarism and will be automatically rejected if plagiarism is identified.
All abstracts must be typed in Times New Roman (or equivalent), font size 11, single-spaced.
The total length of the abstract text must not exceed 2000 characters including spaces. All abbreviations must be defined at first use except for the very well-known.
Up to 10 authors (submitting author + maximum 9 co-authors) are allowed per abstract. The submitting author will be the contact author.
Each abstract must contain the following components:
- Title: Must be short and specific. Type in sentence format (with one capital at the beginning), in bold font.
- Introduction: The first sentence(s) should state the hypothesis, purpose, or specific objective of the study.
- Methods: Briefly describe the study design, patients or subjects, procedures, and measurements.
- Results: A summary of the results should be provided with relevant data.
- Conclusion: The abstract should close with a brief statement of conclusion.
- Reference(s): If included, cite number in text using square brackets . In reference list, note first author only followed by 'et al' where necessary, then journal name, volume, page range and year of publication. Do not include the article title (e.g., Vincent JL et al. ISICEM News 35:1-5, 2015)
- Table/Figure: A maximum of 1 table OR 1 figure can be included to illustrate the results. All tables/figures need to cited in the text. Tables can have a maximum of 5 columns and 8 rows. Figures should be approximately 8 cm wide at 300 dpi (630 to 945 pixels wide) and can be submitted in any of the following formats: jpg, gif, bmp. Figures should be created or exported from their native software at the correct size and resolution.
- Case reports: Must be submitted using the same 5 components (Title, Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion)
- Consent to publish: If the abstract contains details relating to individual participants (for example a case report), written informed consent for the publication of these details must be obtained from the participant(s) and a statement to this effect should appear at the end of the abstract.